Great entry level AIS receiver for use with PC navigation software and chart plotters such as the latest Garmin, Raymarine, Navico, Standard Horizon and Furuno units. Connected to an existing VHF antenna (via a splitter) or dedicated AIS antenna, you can receive all AIS targets within 20 miles of your boat*
Simple plug and play USB connection to a PC. Uses standard drivers built-in to Windows XP/Vista/7 and is automatically mapped to an available "virtual" com port, that your PC software can read. Also compatible with Mac OS X and all LINUX Kernels since V2.4.20.
This Pro version of the AIS200 also has the NMEA0183 input and output capability of the normal version and so you can supply AIS data to a PC (via USB) and a Dedicated plotter (via NMEA) for larger installations.
Connect the NMEA (4800 baud) output of your GPS to the AIS200PRO and it will automatically multiplex (merge) the slower GPS data with the high speed AIS data and transmit everything on the high speed NMEA output (38,400 baud) - perfect for connection to a chart plotter with only one NMEA input.
- High performance dual channel AIS receiver for use with existing plotter and radar systems
- USB Interface for simple Plug and Play connection to a PC
- High Speed NMEA output (38,400 baud)
- Requires VHF antenna (or dedicated AIS antenna available as optional accessory)
- Multiplexed NMEA input for single NMEA GPS+AIS data output at 38,400 baud
- Small black box solution 150mm x 150mm x 37.5mm (L x W x D)
- Supplied with mounting brackets, 0.75m Power/Data cable, 0.75m USB cable and instruction manual
* NOTE - AIS target range, like VHF range is dependent upon a number of installation factors such as; antenna gain, antenna height and size of ground plane. Ranges in excess of 20 miles should be possible if all of these factors are perfect.
UPC Number: 738435472405