Ultra slim Class B Transponder with dual NMEA and USB connection. Featuring a remote silence button option, four status LEDs and rugged vibration proof mounting brackets, the AIT1000 is an ideal AIS transponder solution for all light marine vessels up to 300 tons.
Configuration of your vessels fixed data such as MMSI, Call Sign, Boat Name, Dimensions, etc. is made easy with the included Windows compatible proAIS software and then the unit can be connected to a PC running suitable navigation software or a dedicated chart plotter such as the latest Garmin, Raymarine, Navico, Standard Horizon and Furuno units.
As well as transmitting your own vessels position, so that other AIS equiped vessels know where you are, the AIT1000 when connected to an existing VHF antenna (via a splitter) or dedicated AIS antenna, will receive all AIS targets within 20 miles of your boat*
Simple plug and play USB connection to a PC. Uses standard drivers built-in to Windows XP/Vista/7 and is automatically mapped to an available "virtual" com port, that your PC software can read. Also compatible with Mac OS X and all LINUX Kernels since V2.4.20.
The AIT1000 automatically outputs AIS and GPS data together on both the USB and NMEA ports - perfect for connection to a chart plotter with only one NMEA input.
- High performance AIS Transponder (Class B) for use with existing plotter and radar systems
- Built-in GPS receiver (ideal as a backup GPS)
- USB Interface for simple Plug and Play connection to a PC
- High Speed NMEA output (38,400 baud)
- Comes complete with low profile GPS antenna
- Requires VHF antenna (or dedicated AIS antenna available as optional accessory)
- Easy to install black box solution 250mm x 155mm x 37.5mm (L x W x D)
- Supplied with mounting brackets, 0.75m Power/Data cable, 0.75m USB cable, GPS Antenna with 7.5m cable, ProAIS software CD and instruction manual
* NOTE - AIS target range, like VHF range is dependent upon a number of installation factors such as; antenna gain, antenna height and size of ground plane. Ranges in excess of 20 miles should be possible if all of these factors are perfect.
UPC Number: 738435472443