4G Connect is a 4G (LTE) internet access solution to get internet on your boat. It utilises the latest MIMO technology with dual antennas for fast, long range access and incorporates a full function WiFi router so multiple devices can connect wirelessly. There is also a wired LAN port and WAN port – for connection to high power WiFi devices or satellite modems.
The Standard model has built in antennas which will provide good performance when in port.
4G Connect has an easy to use interface and is unlocked so users are free to fit a data SIM card from any mobile provider they choose. However, during our testing, we have found that the lower frequencies used by the Vodafone network coupled with a competitive European data roaming allowance, offer the best maritime solution for European cruising yachtsman.
Operation is simple – turn on, connect to the password protected WiFi hotspot that 4G Connect creates and your device is online for internet on board. Digital Yacht’s booster WiFi antenna can also be connected to the WAN port for a choice between hotspot WiFi and 4G connectivity. iKommunicate can also connect to the LAN port providing boat NMEA data on the WiFi network for use with navigation apps.
- Hi performance 4G/LTE modem for exceptional speed and range with fall back to 2G/3G
- SIM unlocked for any network provider
- Internal antenna solution with MIMO technology
- LTE Class 3 modem offers long range and up to 70Mbps speeds
- WiFi interface for tablets and phones
- Offers good performance in port on GRP boats
- Ethernet LAN port for connection to iKommunicate navigation interface – allows boat NMEA 0183/2000 data to be available on the WiFi network – ideal for smartphone and tablet navigation
- Ethernet WAN port can connect to satellite or WL510 high power WiFi system for combination LTE/WiFi hotspot solution
- 12V DC operation with <5W power consumption
- Easy installation
- Easily upgradable to PRO with purchase of external antennas and cabling
|•9-30v DC (<5W)|
•-40 to +75 C
•Main unit: 180 x125 x 55mm (ex antennas)
|•4G(LTE) CAT 4 up to 70Mbps|
•Class 3 Modem with up to 25dBm output
•Support for B1/B3/B5/B7/B8/B20 LTE FDD bands
•Support for B38/B40/B41 TDD bands
•Dual MIMO antennas
•850/900/2100 MHz Max 42Mbps (HSPA+ download)
•900/1800 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE (Class 12 device)
|Interfaces||•1 x LAN 10/100 Ethernet Port|
•1 x WAN 10/100 Ethernet Port
•WiFi 802.11b/g/n with 64/128 bit WEP/WPA/WPA2 encryption