Accurate fluxgate compass heading data remains a fundamental parameter for marine navigation and the HSC100 uses fluxgate technology to deliver heading data for on board systems. Typical applications include enabling course up and true motion type displays on chart plotters, radar overlay onto electronic charts and stabilisation of radars when used for MARPA/ARPA target tracking. Integrated instrument systems can also benefit from having compass information. Allowing calculation of real time tidal set and drift when interfaced with a log and GPS.
Most low cost heading sensors only output data at 1Hz (once per second) but the HSC100 outputs at 10Hz which is required for MARPA target tracking and accurate radar overlays (Part # ZDIGHSC100).
The HSC100 with NMEA 2000 version includes the Digital Yacht iKonvert NMEA 2000 gateway. This therefore allows an easy and flexible install of the NMEA 2000 without the need for cumbersome drop cables. It allows an easy and thin 15m cable to be run from the HSC100 to the nearest point on the NMEA 2000 backbone. Thus allowing the iKonvert to connect to it.
We have also released a new “Rate of Turn” version of the HSC100 that outputs the HDT and ROT messages required by a Class A transponder. For non-mandatory vessels, this therefore provides a simple low cost solution for adding heading and rate of turn to Class A transponders (Part # ZDIGHSC100T).
- High Speed (10HZ) NMEA electronic fluxgate compass sensor
- Ideal for use with radar overlay and MARPA target tracking systems
- Industry standard NMEA 0183 “HDG” output
- NMEA 2000 version is supplied with iKonvert (NMEA2000-NMEA0183 converter) allowing easy and flexible NMEA 2000 installation
- Gimballed to 45º
- New “Rate of Turn” version of the HSC100 now released for Class A transponders (HSC100T)
- 12/24v DC operation with minimal power consumption
- Waterproof to IPx7 and suitable for external mounting on a steel hulled vessels
- Automatic calibration routine and manual compass offset feature
- Additional AD10 heading output for interface to Furuno systems. For a connection diagram click here
- LED Status Indicator
- 15m interconnect cable